Paramount Sheriff's Station | 15001 Paramount Blvd. | Paramount, CA 90723 | (562) 220-2045
Su-M: 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. | Head of Code Enforcement, Angel Arredondo
The Code Enforcement Division is comprised of trained officers responsible for administering Paramount Municipal Codes that relate to residential and business property maintenance standards, health and safety hazards, zoning, land use, and business licensing. Code Enforcement Division also administering building and health and safety standards related to environmental protection and neighborhood preservation. The Code Enforcement Division works in close cooperation with all City departments and City Prosecutor to educate the public and gain voluntary compliance. Please contact the Code Enforcement Division if you are aware of code violations related to:
- Building and safety
- Health and safety
- Land use
- Business licenses
Most Common Violations
- Storage of wrecked, inoperable and/or abandoned vehicles on private property
- Overgrown vegetation
- Dead landscaping
- Unpermitted alterations to a dwelling or structure without permits
- Unpermitted interior alterations to a dwelling or structure (electrical, plumbing, mechanical, building)
- Garage conversions without permits
- Outside storage or junk, debris, trash in front, side, or rear yards visible from public view or neighboring properties
- Trash cans stored in public view
- Overflowing trash containers or dumpsters
- Major auto repair on residential property
- Conducting a business without a business license
- Conducting special events at a business without a Special Event Permit
- Unpermitted or illegal signs
- Outdoor display of merchandise (furniture, tables, chairs, appliances, automobile parts)
- Commercial vehicles parked on residential property
How do I report a property with violations?
For private property maintenance issues, please contact the Code Enforcement Division at (562) 220-2045 Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Holiday hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. All reports are handled confidentially. Please be prepared to provide as many details as possible to city staff, so we may assist you.
Code Enforcement Division
Paramount Sheriff Station
Public Safety Department
15501 Paramount Blvd.
Paramount, CA 90723
Is Code Enforcement responsible for cleaning up a property?
No, through the enforcement of the City Municipal Codes and State Laws, property owners are responsible for the maintenance of their properties.
What happens if you do not comply?
For purposes of code enforcement, in most cases, violations can be divided into two types: 1) those that result in a substandard condition of a property and 2) those that are property maintenance violations of the Paramount Municipal Code (P.M.C.).
The fine amounts for property maintenance violations are as follows:
- $100.00 per violation for the first offense in a 12-month period
- $200.00 per violation for the second offense in a 12-month period
- $500.00 per violation for the third and subsequent offenses in a 12-month period
The fine amounts for local building and safety codes violations are as follows:
- $100.00 per violation per violation for the first offense in a 12-month period
- $500.00 per violation for the second offense in a 12-month period
- $1,000.00 per violation for the third and subsequent offenses in a 12-month period
In addition to issuing citations, the City may also refer cases to an independent hearing officer, city prosecutor, or take civil, or criminal action depending on the severity of the violations. Your assistance in keeping Paramount a safe and desirable place to live and work is greatly appreciated.
Topics considered civil matters?
On occasion, there may be an issue between neighbors where a tree or fence/wall may be causing damage to one of the private properties or becomes an issue for one neighbor. These two subjects are considered neighbor disputes and are civil matters that may be addressed between neighbors privately or in civil court.
When do I need a Permit?
For all permit related questions or concerns, please contact the Community Development Department at (562) 220-2036.
We may open a code enforcement case on your property if you are conducting use of your property in a manner that is not allowed.
Properties in the City of Paramount have zoning designations. Before you sign a lease, please consult with the Planning Division to verify that your business is permitted at a particular zone.
Please contact the Community Development Department at (562) 220-2036 for any questions on land use or permitted uses.
Who else can I call for help?
Air Quality issues:
Southern California Air Quality Management District
Animal Control Issues:
Southeast Area Animal Control Authority
Natural Gas Issues:
Southern California Gas Company
NOTE: for suspected gas odor or carbon monoxide emergency
Southern California Edison
(800) 655-4555 Clear vegetation from power lines
(800) 611-1911 Report an object caught in power lines
Homeless Outreach Program Integrated Care System (HOPICS)
Online Referral: https://www.lahsa.org/portal/apps/la-hop/
Kingdom Causes Bellflower (Our Place Housing Solutions)
Housing Landlord/Tenant Issues:
Fair Housing Foundation
(800) 446-3247 or 562-989-1206
Housing Rights Center
(800) 477-5977 or 213-376-8400
Public Health Issues:
Los Angeles County Health Department Environmental Health Customer Call Center
Cal-Met Services Inc.
(562) 259-1239 or 1-800-990-6387
NOTE: Large bulky item pick up/ E-waste pick up
Greater Los Angeles County Vector Control