State’s Mask Mandate Expanded
Due to the huge spike in coronavirus cases, California health officials issued a new mandate this week requiring residents to wear face coverings whenever they're outside their homes, with few exceptions. The new rules replace the state's earlier mask mandate, issued in June.
With the expanded order, people in California must wear face coverings when they are outside of the home unless one of these exemptions applies:
- They are alone in a car or only with those in their household;
- Working alone in an office or room;
- Outdoors and staying at least six feet away from others not in their household;
- Are obtaining a service involving their nose or face;
- Are actively eating or drinking, so long as they maintain physical distance.
To see the whole order, please click here.