Learn About the 2020 Census
Next year, the federal government will conduct the 2020 Census all across America. It is very important that all residents be counted in the Census since the information will have impacts on issues such as community funding from a variety of sources for local services and infrastructure.
As such, the City is conducted public outreach to let people know about taking part in this national headcount. Below is a list of community meetings and other efforts that have occurred, or are set to take place, to inform the Paramount community about the upcoming Census.
- July 17, 2019 – Informational community meeting to senior citizens at the Paramount Park Community Center. Meeting was presented by U.S. Census Specialists.
- October 29, 2019 – Informational community meeting to service clubs and faith-based organizations at the City Hall Council Chambers. Meeting was presented by U.S. Census Specials and City staff.
- November 12, 2019 – Planning Commission meeting. Informational meeting presented by staff.
- November 12, 2019 – Youth Commission meeting. Informational meeting presented by staff.
- November 19, 2019 – City Council meeting. Informational presentation by staff with U.S. Census Specialists available for questions.
- November 26, 2019 – Public Safety Commission meeting. Informational presentation by staff.
- December 14, 2019 – 2020 Census informational booth at Breakfast with Santa.
- January 8, 2019 – A flyer insert with the water bills will begin to be distributed to all water accounts within the City. The flyer will be bilingual in English and Spanish, and will have important information regarding the Census and its confidentiality.
- January 9, 2019 – Public Works Commission meeting. Informational presentation by staff.
- Scheduling informational meetings to all service clubs at their monthly meetings, and public informational meetings.
- 2020 Census content on City digital platforms, as well as utilize State funds with Los Angeles County partnership for digital and hardcopy content.
To read some informational pieces on different aspects of the Census, please click on the following links.